Monday, August 3, 2026

George Thorogood and The Destroyers : Rocking All Over The World : 50 Years in Rock (Expanded Edition)


EVERY MORNING

JUST BEFORE BREAKFAST

I DON'T WANT 

NO COFFEE OR TEA

JUST ME AND

GOOD BUDDY WEISER

THAT'S ALL I EVER NEED 



 On December 1st, 1973, 

a guitarist, a drummer, 

and their rhythm guitarist

 loaded their gear into

 the drummer’s Volkswagen bus 

and drove to

 Lane Hall 

at The University of Delaware.

 In a week that saw

 new albums by

 Wings, 

Black Sabbath, 

and 

Bachman-Turner Overdrive, 

the three-piece band

 proceeded to play covers 

that included ‘

No Particular Place To Go’, ‘

Madison Blues’

 and

 ‘One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.’ 

 The drummer, 

Jeff Simon,

 recalls the crowd was 

wary at first, 

“then it was like 

someone flipped a switch.” 

By the second set, 

the dance floor was packed. 

“After the gig,”

 the guitarist says with his 

now-familiar grin, 

“Jeff and I thought,

‘maybe we’re onto something.’”

 It was the first-ever

 performance by 

George Thorogood & The Destroyers. 

Five decades, 

more than 8,000 live shows, 

and

 15 million albums later,

 George Thorogood

and Jeff Simon

  with long-time

 Destroyers 

Bill Blough,

 Jim Suhler

 and

 Buddy Leach 

 now announce 

their 

Bad All Over The World 

 50 Years of Rock Tour.

 “From that very first show, 

we’ve stayed true to ourselves 

and the music we love,” 

says Thorogood.

 “We’ve decided to celebrate 

our first half-century 

by throwing the biggest 

and baddest 

rock party ever.”

TRACKLIST


CD 1

Madison Blues

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer

Ride On Josephine

Move It On Over

Who Do You Love?

Night Time

Tip On In

It Wasn't Me
 (Live Boston Mass.1982)

New Boogie Chillun'
 (Live Boston Mass.1982)

Nobody But Me
 (Live Boston Mass.1982)

Bad To The Bone

No Particular Place To Go

I Drink Alone

Memphis/Marie

The Sky is Crying
 (Live At The Cincinnati Garden, Cincinnati ohio 1986)

I'm a Steady Rollin' Man

CD 2

Shake Your Money Maker

I'm Wanted

I Really Like Girls

Treat Her Right

If You Don't Start Drinkin'
 (I'm Gonna Leave)

Oklahoma Sweetheart

Hello Little Girl

Get A Haircut

Gone Dead Train

Down In The Bottom

Cocaine Blues
 (Live)

Let's Work Together
 (Live)

Johnny B. Goode 
(Live)

Rocking My Life Away

Dynaflow Blues

Rock Party

Crawlin' King Snake

Can't Be Satisfied

Spoonful

CD 3

Bo Diddley

Willie and The Hand Jive

Nadine

Christine

I'm Ready

Double Shot

Help Me

Got To Move

My Way

You Can't Catch Me

Let It Rock

Smokestack Lightning

Back In The U.S.A.

Long Gone

Gear Jammer

Miss Luann

I'll Change My Style

Jail Bait

Rock And Roll Man

That Philly Thing

Bad To The Bone 
(New Recording)




No comments:

Featured Post

The Who : Who's Next/ Lifehouse (Box Set)

THERE ONCE WAS A NOTE PURE AND EASY

Free Banana Guitar Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com

All Time Popular Posts