Friday, August 21, 2026

The First Edition (Kenny Rogers & The First Edition) : Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)


I WOKE UP THIS MORNIN'

WITH THE SUN SHININ' IN

I FOUND MY MIND

IN A BROWN PAPER BAG WITHIN'

I TRIPPED ON A CLOUD 

AND FELL EIGHT MILES HIGH

I TORE MY MIND ON A JAGGED CLOUD

I JUST DROPPED TO SEE

WHAT CONDITION 

MY CONDITION WAS IN







 Kenny Rogers and the First Edition

until 1970 billed as

the First Edition

were an American band. 

The band's style 

was difficult to

 singularly classify, 

as it incorporated elements of

country

rock 

and psychedelic pop.

 Its stalwart members were 

Kenny Rogers

(lead vocals and bass guitar), 

Mickey Jones

(drums and percussion) 

and 

Terry Williams

(guitar and vocals). 

The band formed in 1967, 

with folk musician

Mike Settle

(guitar and backing vocals) 

and the operatically

 trained

Thelma Camacho 

(lead vocals) 

completing the lineup.

As the counterculture of the 1960's 

was developing, 

the First Edition 

signed with

Reprise Records in 1967 

and had their first big hit 

in early 1968 

with the psychedelic single

 "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)"

 (US No. 5). 

After other chart hits, 

"But You Know I Love You"

 (US No. 19) 

and

 "Tell It All Brother" 

(US No. 17), 

the group,

 newly billed as

 "Kenny Rogers and the First Edition", 

once again hit the top ten, 

this time in 1969 

with the topical 

"Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town"

 (US No. 6, UK No.2)

.For the next six years, 

the First Edition enjoyed 

worldwide success. 

By the mid-1970s, 

frontman

 Kenny Rogers 

had embarked on a

 solo music career, 

becoming one of the

 top-selling 

country artists

 of all time.

NEW LINK

No comments:

Featured Post

Janis Joplin : Harvard Stadium, Boston MA, 8/2/70

OH LORD, WON'T YOU BUY ME  A MERCEDES BENZ MY FRIENDS ALL  DRIVE PORSCHES I MUST MAKE AMENDS WORKED HARD  ALL MY LIFETIME NO HELP FROM M...

Free Banana Guitar Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com