Sunday, August 2, 2026

Mom's Apple Pie : Mom's Apple Pie



I DON'T WANT YOU 

TO BE NO SLAVE

I DON'T WANT YOU

TO WORK ALL DAY

I DON'T WANT YOU

'CAUSE I'M SAD AND BLUE

I JUST WANT TO 

MAKE LOVE TO YOU




Mom's Apple Pie 

was an 

American ten-member 

rock band 

from Warren, Ohio. 

They were best known

 for the cover 

of their first album. 

Career

 The band released 

two albums, 

Mom's Apple Pie

in 1972

 and

Mom's Apple Pie II

in 1973. 

A third album was recorded 

but was not released

 until 2011. 

Their manager was 

Larry Patterson,

 and they recorded on

 a record label owned by 

Terry Knight, 

Brown Bag Records 

The band enjoyed a

 successful career 

nationally and toured

 extensively across 

the United States.

 Venues included

 a wide array of 

college campuses, 

clubs, 

concert halls,

 the Whiskey A-Go-Go

 in Los Angeles 

and 

Madison Square Garden.

 They performed with

 such artists as

The Doobie Brothers 

and 

David Bowie. 

Patterson booked

 the demo session 

with record producer

Kenny Hamann

 at the 

Cleveland Recording Company. 

Pia Knight, 

Terry's wife,

 overheard the demo

 being played 

in one of the rooms

 in the back of

 the recording studio 

and convinced her husband

 to sign the group.

Both albums have 

become favorites

 among collectors, 

due in part to 

the self-titled first album's 

risqué cover artwork, 

which contains a 

subtle depiction of 

female genitalia. 

The cover, 

designed by 

Nick Caruso, 

was banned shortly 

upon the album's release

 and an alternative cover

 was released, 

making both versions

 highly sought-after 

among collectors.


(Censored Cover)

 The same picture was used, 

but the artist added a

 miniature brick wall, 

topped with razor wire, 

covering up the vulva

 in the pie, 

policemen looking in

 the windows, 

and a tear

 running down 

the woman's face.

TRACKLIST


I Just Wanna Make Love To You

Lay Your Money Down

Good Days

People

Dawn Of A New Day

Happy Just To Be

Secret Of Life

Mr. Skin

NEW LINK

No comments:

Featured Post

The Essentials : Bon Scott

The Essentials :  Bon Scott Here is Something I Made For Myself  I Like The  BON ERA of  AC/DC A Little Better Than The  Brian Johnson  ERA ...

Free Banana Guitar Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com