Monday, August 3, 2026

Bob Seger : Smokin' O.P.'S





SOMEDAY I KNOW 

 I'LL FIND THAT ROAD

AND I

WILL PAY BACK ALL I'VE OWED

SOMEHOW

I'LL BEAR THAT HEAVY LOAD

SOMEDAY


 Smokin' O.P.'s

is the fifth

 studio album by

 American

rock singer-songwriter

Bob Seger 

released in 1972  

It marked Seger's

 return to rock and roll, 

after the sonic departure

 of his previous album,

Brand New Morning. 

The album 

was reissued on CD

 by Capitol Records

in 2005.

 It is currently

 the earliest 

Bob Seger album 

available on CD. 

The cover art is a

 parody of

 the Lucky Strike cigarette logo.

Smokin' O.P.'s

refers to

 Smokin' Other People's Songs,

 a derivation on

 the slang phrase 

"Smoking O.P.'s" 

meaning to smoke

 other people's 

cigarettes exclusively 

(never purchasing your own for consumption).

 Most of the tracks 

on this release are

 covers of songs written 

by other artists.

The album cover 

was created by 

Thomas Leroy Weschler, 

who was Seger's

 road manager at the time. 

The cover was inspired by 

an advertisement for 

Lucky Strike cigarettes. 

Weschler also went on to 

co-write

Traveling Man:

 On the Road & Behind the Scenes

 with Bob Seger. 

The first pressings have

 a poem from Bob Seger, 

with an insert

 listing contributing musicians,

 but subsequent issues

 have the poem omitted

 and replaced by

 the insert information.

NEW LINK

No comments:

Featured Post

Pink Floyd : Hyde Park, London Live 8 Benefit Concert 7/2/05

WE'RE JUST TWO LOST SOULS SWIMMING IN A FISH BOWL YEAR AFTER YEAR

Free Banana Guitar Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com