Tuesday, June 2, 2026

Thin Lizzy : Live and Dangerous






I'M A ROCKER
I'M A ROCKER

I'M A ROLLER TOO, BABY


 Live and Dangerous

is a live

double album

by the Irish rock band

Thin Lizzy 

released in

 June 1978.

 It was recorded in 

London in 1976, 

and 

Philadelphia and Toronto

in 1977, 

with further production

 in Paris. 

It was also the last

 Thin Lizzy album

 to feature guitarist 

Brian Robertson, 

who left the band 

shortly after its release.

The band decided to

 release a live album 

after their producer

Tony Visconti 

did not have enough time

 to work on a 

full studio session. 

They listened through 

various archive recordings 

from earlier tours 

and compiled the album

 from the best versions. 

Various studio overdubs 

were made to the 

live recordings 

during early 1978

 in Paris; 

exactly how much 

of the album is

 overdubbed has been

 a contentious topic 

since its release. 

The album reached No. 2

 in the 

UK Albums Chart

ultimately selling over

 half a million copies

 in the UK. 

It has continued

 to attract critical acclaim

 and it has appeared

 in several lists 

of the greatest

 live albums 

of all time.

NEW LINK

No comments:

Featured Post

The Rolling Stones : RFK Memorial Stadium, Washington 07/04/72

I WAS SCHOOLED  WITH A STRAP  RIGHT ACROSS MY BACK

Free Banana Guitar Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com